So I had a great conversation with a Jennifer from BCBS today. I told her to send me a survey so I could rave about her to her bosses :)
My insurance will in fact cover my home birth and give me an allowance to get my tub for a water birth. We had a midwife's insurance lesion that gave me the nitty-gritty details of their billing. Then Jennifer told me how theco-insurance thing has a cap and it will only cost us $500 to have this baby the way we want. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO relieved. Stress in the second trimester is a waste of energy and I have been STRESSED over this!
I'm still not sure if we will have this baby here or at the birthing center but finding out there is not a $5000+ bill attached to it with our names on it is such a relief. I called every hospital in our area and asked them if I could forgo the hep lock and if I could be released earlier than 24 hours and my responds was 'not if you want to take you baby with you'.
I will sometime in the near future be blogging on my feelings about this, but for right now I'm content to rejoice in the fact that I am going to have my baby, not for free but a whole lot less than what we were looking at yesterday. God is so good! I prayed for a miracle and he sent me an answer post haste :) Now I can focus on the two angels I already have knowing that this is all going to work out.
My insurance will in fact cover my home birth and give me an allowance to get my tub for a water birth. We had a midwife's insurance lesion that gave me the nitty-gritty details of their billing. Then Jennifer told me how theco-insurance thing has a cap and it will only cost us $500 to have this baby the way we want. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO relieved. Stress in the second trimester is a waste of energy and I have been STRESSED over this!
I'm still not sure if we will have this baby here or at the birthing center but finding out there is not a $5000+ bill attached to it with our names on it is such a relief. I called every hospital in our area and asked them if I could forgo the hep lock and if I could be released earlier than 24 hours and my responds was 'not if you want to take you baby with you'.
I will sometime in the near future be blogging on my feelings about this, but for right now I'm content to rejoice in the fact that I am going to have my baby, not for free but a whole lot less than what we were looking at yesterday. God is so good! I prayed for a miracle and he sent me an answer post haste :) Now I can focus on the two angels I already have knowing that this is all going to work out.

No comments:
Post a Comment