Today I made the trek across town (in less time than I though it would take) to met the woman who will be delivering my third baby in our home. What a wonderful way to begin my week! I honestly wished I had met the whole staff sooner. It was a very comfortable environment in which my son was able to use the Doppler to listen to his sister's heart beat, watch a movie of his choice and build a Lego airplane while Mommy was asking questions and giving them the low down on my care so far.
After asking about my two previous experiences Joyce, the midwife, scrutinized my diet...which I'm very thankful for! Being Vegetarian and Gluten Free is frankly depressing all by it's self. Take away the wine and caffeine because you're pregnant and most people are ready to go play in traffic. Me included! But after so long you lose your urge to eat and forget that you need to pay attention to your health.
I knew I was depressed but I didn't want her to know so I didn't put it down on the patient history. I've been trying to cope with a smiley face as best as I can, but she looked me over and had me pegged. So I now have a load of vitamins to take everyday along with tea and exercise. Now this woman isn't new aged or a hippie, and she sent me to go get vitamins instead of selling them to me so I'm inclined to listen to her suggestions. I used to take loads of vitamins but it got expensive and I hate doing it. It tastes icky and lingers in your mouth, blah! I've been taking the gummie ones I give the kids and convincing myself I get an "A" for effort.
I'm really excited about using Joyce. She has a whole library of books that she loans out and she isn't going to make me do all that standardized testing that I hate so much. Ahhhh....choices...yes, I like this very much.
I'm confident that the vitamins will work. She has me on 5 vitamins and two cups of tea a day. I can handle that :) I had a regiment with one of my doctors a few years ago and I got vitamin shots to help combat my depression. It worked like a dream and we got the insurance to cover it because it was cheaper than therapy!
Miriam is doing well and I seem to be looking good too. I see them again in two weeks!
After asking about my two previous experiences Joyce, the midwife, scrutinized my diet...which I'm very thankful for! Being Vegetarian and Gluten Free is frankly depressing all by it's self. Take away the wine and caffeine because you're pregnant and most people are ready to go play in traffic. Me included! But after so long you lose your urge to eat and forget that you need to pay attention to your health.
I knew I was depressed but I didn't want her to know so I didn't put it down on the patient history. I've been trying to cope with a smiley face as best as I can, but she looked me over and had me pegged. So I now have a load of vitamins to take everyday along with tea and exercise. Now this woman isn't new aged or a hippie, and she sent me to go get vitamins instead of selling them to me so I'm inclined to listen to her suggestions. I used to take loads of vitamins but it got expensive and I hate doing it. It tastes icky and lingers in your mouth, blah! I've been taking the gummie ones I give the kids and convincing myself I get an "A" for effort.
I'm really excited about using Joyce. She has a whole library of books that she loans out and she isn't going to make me do all that standardized testing that I hate so much. Ahhhh....choices...yes, I like this very much.
I'm confident that the vitamins will work. She has me on 5 vitamins and two cups of tea a day. I can handle that :) I had a regiment with one of my doctors a few years ago and I got vitamin shots to help combat my depression. It worked like a dream and we got the insurance to cover it because it was cheaper than therapy!
Miriam is doing well and I seem to be looking good too. I see them again in two weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment